No straight strand would dare strike a pose on that face. Curly girls had a reason to smile at Madonna’s Super Bowl halftime show as the Queen of Pop performed classic hits including “Vogue” and “Like a Prayer,” alongside new releases. Fans say that while the Material Girl never ages, she looks better in 2012 than she did in 1982. She is fit, fabulous and CURLY! Morgan Willhite, Creative Director at Ouidad shares styling tips for achieving curls that are Vogue worthy.
“Alongside her gold shadow, apricot lip and embellished gold manicure, Madonna’s jet set curls were all the rage. Her blonde waves were flawless and perfectly in place,” says Willhite. This look capitalized on the natural texture of her hair. A look similar to this can easily be achieved with the Ouidad Rake and Shake method. The trick to this method is to create the curl pattern while hair is damp and let locks dry naturally (or with a diffuser set to low heat).
Vogue Worthy Curls with the Ouidad Rake & Shake Method:
- Use a frizz fighting shampoo and conditioner such as the Ouidad Climate Control Defrizzing Shampoo and Conditioner to combat frizz from the start
- Gently squeeze excess water out of wet hair and blot with a towel to pull out additional moisture
- Using outstretched fingers or a comb, add the Play Curl Volumizing Foam which will give you a long lasting dose of high impact volume
- Divide hair into 4 to 6 sections
- Dispense a nickel sized dollop of styling product to palms and rub hands together; working one section at a time, separate fingers on one hand like a “rake” and rake the section from scalp to ends, spreading the styling gel throughout the section
- When you reach the end of the hair, gently “shake” hair back and forth to create curl in the hair
- Let go of the section and allow hair to fall
- Repeat the above steps for all sections using a dollop of styling product for each section
- Diffuse hair or let it dry naturally
All products are available at Ouidad.com.
What did you think of Madonna’s Superbowl look? I think she looks fantastic! And her curls are always perfect – I have to try this! She is still an icon!!
Image and copy provided by PR