There are some basic necessities that are crucial to remember to toss into that travel bag before you head out for your getaway.
Pictured above are some of the things I recommend.
- A set of travel brushes. You can find a decent set for a reasonable price at your local Super Store (like Target) This way you won’t ruin your every day brushes being tossed in a travel bag. Plus, these smaller sized brushes come in their own little storage case.
- Tweezers. I take them everywhere. Whether it’s a stray hair that starts to drive you nuts, or a random splinter – this is a good one to have with you in that bag.
- Pre-packaged palette. I like to take an all-in-one palette with me, like the kind from Sephora or e.l.f. This way pretty much everything I need is in one place from blush to shadow to highlighter and lips. Also there is no need to dig through tons of individual products to pick and choose what I want to take. Simple!
- Make-up wipes. I cannot stand taking a ton of beauty washes and lotions with me so I prefer wipes. Plus after running around a new city you are going to want a quick way to clean up and relax in your room.
- Travel sized shampoos and mini flat iron. These are must haves for me, because lots of shampoos cause me crazy frizz in various climates. I prefer to keep my mane in control by knowing I have everything I need with me. The mini flat iron is petite enough for a purse, and is great for those dry shampoo in between blow out kind of days.
- A fresh scented candle will make any room smell like your home away from home. Whether your in the tub or on the bed, you’ll be able to relax with a comforting smell.
- Pint sized sewing kits are essential – just in case you bust a seam, or lose a button.
- Lip balm. Every woman needs lip balm. Need I say more?
Happy travels to you!
If you have any travel or packing tips share in the comments! xo
Stay up to date with the best that beauty & fashion has to offer – Beauty Besties on: